The Human Resources Manager will serve as a Partner on the Senior Administrative Team working closely with the Managing Director, Controller, and Marketing Manager and will report directly to the Managing Director. Will lead and direct all functions of HR Management including recruitment, employee relations, policy and procedure development, compensation, and compliance. The Human Resources Manager possesses strong leadership and team building skills with the ability to gain alliance with management and employees at all levels throughout the organization.
· Oversees the daily workflow of the firm
· Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations
· Manages employee relations and conflict management resolutions
· Partners with the Managing Director to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning
· Manages all employee benefits, including health, dental, HSA, HRA, disability, life, and 401(k)
· Manages the talent acquisition process, including recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants; collaborates with department supervisors to understand skills and competencies required for openings
· Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; works to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent
· Creates learning and development opportunities for employee success
· Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
· Designs and integrates wellness programs to all employees throughout three offices
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
· Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
· Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 and payroll systems
· Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems
Education and Experience:
· A minimum of Bachelors’ degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Leadership Management or related field required
· SHRM and/or HRCI certification strongly preferred
· A minimum of five years of human resource management experience preferred
· A proven record of strong leadership
Berman & Simmons recognizes the value of diversity, equity, and inclusion in our organization. We are committed to a multiyear process of evaluation, education, discussion, and recruitment to create a more inclusive workplace that values diversity.
The firm seeks to hire a Human Resource Manager with experience in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace and an interest in being part of our effort to create a workplace that is free from discrimination and empowers all employees to reach their full potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit your resume and cover letter to:
Berman & Simmons, P.A.
129 Lisbon Street
Lewiston, ME 04240
Job Type: Full-time
Berman & Simmons promotes social distancing and mandatory face mask coverings in all three offices.
Company's Facebook page:
Posted 1 month agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume