MERICAL, LLC - HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER | Job Description
MeriCal LLC, a leader in the global probiotic and nutraceutical industry, researches, develops and manufactures health and wellness dietary supplements for its world class customers.
MeriCal employs over 600 full-time employees among 6 sites across two states in the U.S. More information can be found at www.merical.com.
MeriCal is currently seeking a Bilingual, Human Resources Manager, for the two Ogden sites. This opportunity is geared for a self-starter that thrives with autonomy and will function as the sole onsite Human Resources contact. This position reports to the Chief Human Resource Officer at corporate headquarters in California. The ideal candidate will have the ability to build relationships with client groups, provide balanced recommendations, organize and manage multiple priorities along with offering progressive Human Resources support to a growing operation.
The Human Resource Manager will run the daily tactical aspects, which will include recruitment, hiring and interviewing staff, answering employee’s questions regarding employment practices, total rewards, and leave administration, along with supporting management in the enforcement of company employment policies. The ideal candidate will have excellent time management abilities, possess an approachable demeanor to employees seeking advice, counsel or assistance, and have the ability to provide a fair and balanced approach to Human Resources with site leadership.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, local certifications, and other company required training.
- Enters and submits employee data changes into HRMS. Sets up new employee hires at time clock as needed.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
- Implements new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and third- party systems.
Education and Experience:
- MUST be bilingual in Spanish with ability to read, write, translate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Must have prior experience working autonomously.
- Must have good practical knowledge of Federal, State and Local employment laws.
- Must have used HRMS systems with preferable experience using ADP or other similar platform.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
MeriCal is currently interviewing via Zoom video conferencing.
- Human Resources: 5 years (Required)
Please mention that you come from HireForThem
when applying for this job.