[Job Title] People & Places Manager (HR/Recruiting)
[Job Code] TUV191101 & 200803
[Job Location] San Mateo, CA
Turing Video is a leading developer of B2B solutions in both robotics and artificial intelligence. Founded in 2017, the company has deployed autonomous, mobile robots and computer vision solutions across more than 400 sites and inclusive of 50,000 camera feeds. Automating processes and functions, improving productivity and operational efficiency while assuring greater awareness and safety of facilities are hallmarks of Turing’s solutions.
Given our rapid growth in the US and internationally, the People & Places Manager is a critical role in a maintaining a capable and qualified organization that is growing in balance with company needs. This position is a leadership role that spans HR and recruiting, and provides authority over workplace management.
You, as People & Places Manager, are crucial to Turing’s success. You will pilot all efforts related to recruiting and HR management. Internally, you are regarded as a respected and independent leader within an organization you have been instrumental in building and managing. You assure that we maintain our growth through hiring employees as skilled and motivated as you are, while also assuring that we retain our corporate culture and values in the process. Externally, you are an ambassador of Turing and in many regards a face of the company in the key respects of your role.
This job is located in San Mateo, California, though all employees in the US are currently working remotely as a matter of minimizing risk amid the COVID public health emergency.
This role reports to the COO and a successful candidate will be responsible for building the HR/Recruitment team. It is anticipated that for an initial period of time some reliance on outside third parties for some activities (e.g., recruiting support) may be necessary.
- Develop company policies and improve existing processes to ensure people operations remain consistent and compliant; communicate with legal counsel to ensure alignment on regulatory requirements; work with teams to drive processes adoption and change; enforces management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintain data integrity of our company’s key HR documents and systems, including: employee personnel files, vendor information and relevant corporate documents, such as insurance, legal and tax.
- Collaborate with Human Resources in HQ and help drive and lead the development or improvement of HR programs and initiatives, including: performance management, total rewards and recognition, engagement and retention.
- Enhance the organization’s human resources function by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Update current and design new recruiting and new hire procedures that help scale operationally while also fostering a positive candidate experience (e.g., job application and onboarding processes)
- Leverage recruiting metrics to improve the hiring process, including candidate pipeline generation (e.g., time-to-hire and cost-per-hire, hiring priorities).
- Recommend and implement People & Places software solutions.
- Coordinates with department heads and team leads to forecast hiring needs
- Stays current on labor legislation and updates managers and executives about pertinent changes in regulation or prevailing law
- Participates in job fairs and career events.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Establishing and maintain recruiting guidelines for managers, including a testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs.
- Manages a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; scheduling and conducting job evaluations; preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; and counseling employees and supervisors.
- Implements employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; and designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs.
- Manage employee relations and maintain compliant procedures by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Cultivates professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts and, in cooperation with IT, equipment procurement.
- Maintains office services by establishing office operations and procedures and reviewing and approving supply requisitions.
- Builds Turing’s professional network through relationships with HR professionals, colleges and other partners.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
People & Places Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Experience maintaining recruiting operations and hiring top-tier talent
- Strong knowledge of HR and Applicant tracking systems and experience creating and improving workflows and internal processes with a focus on compliance and the employee experience
- Creative thinker and problem solver with attention to details
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with competing priorities
- Excellent inter-personal and conflict management skills ability to support HR operations for a global workforce
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (proficiency in Chinese language is a plus).
- Independent, self-motivated, and results-oriented.
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Psychology, Human Resources or related field
- 4+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource role(s)
- 2+ years of experience in a supervisory role
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred, but not required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $92,000.00 - $123,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
This position is temporarily working remotely until further notice of the company.
- management: 2 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Please mention that you come from HireForThem
when applying for this job.