Aloha Waste of Honolulu understands that we are stewards of this beautiful island and we have a responsibility to protect our “Aina”. Whether it’s partnering with our customers to develop a more sustainable waste management plan that helps reduce their carbon foot print or working with the community to bring about change to preserve our natural resources, we are committed to continually developing innovative waste solutions.
Our staff consists mostly of Kama’aina born and raised here on the islands who understand the community and culture. We are passionate about what we do and our job is to educate our customers, provide them with solutions and provide a mutually beneficial partnership with open communication.
We are currently seeking a HR Manager to provide payroll processing and consultative support, training, and coaching for any human resources related matters.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as the principal liaison for multi-location management and employees regarding HR related matters and process payroll for up to 100 employees.
- Provide human resources guidance regarding employee relations and employee grievances to include practical experience managing the claims from initiation to disposition. Huge plus if you have experience being part of depositions and working with state agencies such as EEOC, ADA, DFEH regarding any claims.
- Manage HR for each facility and guide facility managers through compensation management, records management, employee relations and retention strategies, leaves management (FMLA/CFRA/DFEH/ADA) and on/off-boarding of employees.
- Have strong, solid knowledge of Federal, Hawaii, and local legislation and compliance, and stay up to date with the latest HR policies.
- Develop human resources solutions by collecting and analyzing information; recommending courses of action.
- Improve manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Work closely with Corporate liaisons and Modern HR’s team regarding the execution of any company policies and procedures.
- Some travel from island to island in Hawaii, or very rarely to Corporate (Newport Beach, CA), may be required.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Corporate Managers/Directors.
What You Will Bring:
- At least 2 years of experience as an HR Specialist or Generalist, employee relations and performance management experience required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs and other related HRIS software required. Experience working with iSolved or Ceridian Dayforce preferred.
- PHR or SHRM certification preferred.
- Must possess strong communication skills, strong sense of accountability/responsibility, positive team collaboration, and self-motivation to perform your best.
What We Offer:
- $48K - $52K depending on level of payroll, employee relations and additional EEOC deposition/litigation experience.
- Great community culture and comprehensive benefits package including: group health coverage, 401K, and sick and vacation pay accrual.
- Full time, direct hire position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,000.00 - $52,000.00 per year
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- HR Specialist or Generalist: 1 year (Required)
- Payroll : 1 year (Required)
Company's Facebook page:
Please mention that you come from HireForThem
when applying for this job.