DRT LLC is a shared services organization that supports several entities encompassing 6,000+ employees across 49 states. Work began in 2017 to build a team of highly skilled individuals to support operational teams in a portfolio of transportation companies. We have dynamic, sophisticated employees dedicated to providing the most innovative and revolutionary infrastructure to operational business units across the nation.
Today, our organization contains a robust suite of expertise including Real Estate, Risk Management, Legal, Information Technology, Government Contracting, Human Resources and Finance. We drive companies forward through excellent customer service and transformational innovation. Family-owned companies understand family values. These are evident throughout our organization and those we support. As we continue to grow, we help organizations reach their potential without forgetting where they came from!
Position Overview: The HR Absence Management Specialist position aids in the administration of leave of absence and time off programs, FMLA, state and local leave of absence ordinances, USERRA, and ADAAA benefits to support the Human Resource function throughout the organization.
- Communicates and administers the organization’s absence and disability accommodation programs
- Documents and updates absence data into HRIS as well as audits and reconciles data between HRIS and Payroll systems
- Supports and consults employees and HR Team on short- and long-term disability, workers' compensation, leave of absence, and employee accommodations
- Develops responses to absence, disability and standalone accommodation requests aligned with HR strategies and regulatory requirements
- Conducts investigations for absence and disability requests and recommends action plans
- Provides documentation and reports to leave and disability vendors
- Identifies and coordinates implementation of disability accommodations
- Performs audits to ensure consistency and compliance to FMLA, ADAAA, and local ordinances
- Supports overall business initiatives of HR department and completes various HR projects in a timely manner
- Maintains ability to work in a high pace environment while processing confidential and sensitive information appropriately and accurately
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, related field or equivalent experience.
- One year of human resources experience.
- Knowledge of absence management related concepts and practices such as FMLA and ADAAA.
- Experience in HRIS systems, particularly related to HRIS, disability and payroll systems preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure work flow efficiency
- Proficiency with various with various computer software packages including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
Job ID: 1361
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $40,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- human resources: 1 year (Preferred)
Please mention that you come from HireForThem
when applying for this job.