Level: Tier I
Pay Range: $60,000 to $80,000 Starting Pay
Reports to: Director, Finance and Accounting
Internal Applicants: Limited number of positions can be filled internally
Asset Protection Unit (APU) seeks an HR professional to join our team as an HR Manager. APU is growing exponentially and we look for engaged, enthusiastic, excited folks to join our team. The HR Manager will ensure that all human resources (HR) operations are carried on smoothly and effectively. They will also develop HR strategies and provide sound advice to senior management on all related subjects.
The HR Manager must be an experienced professional with deep knowledge of all matters concerning HR departments and be willing to handle all HR matters. They will manage programs and lead staff while also possessing a strong strategic mindset and contributing to all team initiatives set by senior management.
Objectives of this Role
- Employee relations
- Compensation (Includes payroll preparation & backup processing)
- Training and development
- Policies, Procedures, Programs
- Compliance Management
- Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters
- Payroll processing, including updates to employee files, bonus/incentive pay, tracking vacation/sick pay, importing expense reimbursements, inputting exceptions, hourly employee validations, and benefit changes
- Lead the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies in conjunction with senior management
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Develop company plans for a variety of HR matters such as compensation, benefits, health.
- Oversee/manage HR software solutions
- Act to support the human factor in the company by devising strategies for performance evaluation, staffing, training and development etc.
- Oversee all HR initiatives, systems and tactics
- Supervise the work of HR personnel and provide guidance when required
- Serve as the point of contact for employment relations
- Monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards
- Deal with grievances and violations invoking disciplinary action when required
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risks
- Report to senior management by analyzing data and using HR metrics
- Represent Core Values, Vision, and Mission of Asset Protection Unit, Inc.
- Seek educational opportunities regarding HR, legal exposure, and personnel issues
- Work in cooperation with senior leadership team, Chief Executive Officer, and all company owners and directors
- Act as liaison to benefit management companies
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive personnel records
- Work with management level employees to fill personnel needs
- Accurately document disciplinary warnings, conversations, or actions involving employee behavior or performance improvements
- Design and edit job descriptions with emphasis on employee retention and satisfaction
- Write, edit, update company policy with emphasis on reducing legal exposure and increasing staff involvement and satisfaction
- Manage FLMA, ADA, TWC
- Manage & utilize Predictive Index, Skills Survey and all other hiring software
- All other assigned duties and responsibilities relating to human Resources
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ethical Practice.
- Relationship Management.
- Attention to Detail
This position requires direct supervision of a HR assistant.
Required Education and Experience
- 2 to 5 Years’ experience in a HR Generalist position.
- 1 + Years Payroll experience
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field
- HR Certifications, including SHRM Certification
- Good keyboarding skills
- Accuracy, consistency and reliability
- Knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Initiative and good time/task management skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- Proven experience working in an HR department
- Natural interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
- Knowledge of Paycor a plus
- Knowledge of HR federal laws and regulations
- Experience in Human Resources and payroll.
- Intermediate Windows & MS Office skills.
- Passing a skills test will be required.
- To be considered for this role, please complete the Predictive Index Assessment at: https://assess.predictiveindex.com/eArRQ.
Internal Candidate Eligibility Qualifications
- Must be regular employee and have completed introductory period
- Cannot have any written warnings or performance improvement plans currently in place.
- Proven leadership and problem solving initiative in an APU role as documented by their department director and/or performance evaluations.
Candidates selected will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation (drug test, credit check, reference verification) and skills test.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Compensation and Benefits
There will be an attractive compensation package that is commensurate with experience. APU offers a full suite of benefits for full time employees. Those benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, LTD, 401k, PTO and holiday pay. Join our growing team based exclusively in Amarillo, Texas.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position requires 40 to 45 hours per week with some time outside of the normal hours.
This position does not have any anticipated travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee will be required to sit for extended periods of time and is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
APU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management.
Management: Kim McKinney, Director of Finance and Accounting
Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Payroll Management: 1 year (Required)
- HR Generalist: 2 years (Required)
Company's Facebook page:
Please mention that you come from HireForThem
when applying for this job.