HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, leaves of absence, performance and talent management, recognition, training and development.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate manager.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional license, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Implement and conduct new hire orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events and holiday parties.
- Assist with answering and transfers incoming Business Office phone calls, screening when necessary.
- Welcomes and directs visitors and clients
- Maintains office supplies and coordinates maintenance of office equipment.
- Provides administrative support to Business Office and Field Personnel, as necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Character attributes/behavioral expectations/prior experiences:
- 5+ years of experience in HR, including experience in the role of HR Generalist or Shared Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR management, or related field.
- At least one year of human resource management preferred.
- Experience in Construction and/or Refinery environment preferred.
- Bi-Lingual in Spanish preferred.
- Must be a team player.
- Promote positive employee relations and treat all employees with dignity and respect.
- Open, honest and consistent communicator providing timely information for the good of the organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Excel and Word.
- Must be able to display a professional manner when dealing with staff, customers and outside agencies at all times.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and manage own time efficiently.
- Must be willing to accept and adapt to change and a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to be an independent thinker.
- Strong writing, communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, meet deadlines, and communicate with those requesting project help.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Human Resources: 5 years (Required)
- Christiansted, VI 00820 (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Please mention that you come from HireForThem
when applying for this job.