IPS is a behavioral healthcare company that specializes in outpatient mental health and substance use treatment for adults in socioeconomically diverse populations in Dallas, Ellis, and Kauffman Counties. IPS is state-funded, non-profit organization, that specializes in the provision of outpatient clinical services for those negatively associated with the criminal justice system. Using empirically validated and evidence-based treatment, IPS strives to ensure the highest level of care for our clients. IPS’ mission is to positively affect change by offering clinical and educational services that assist in reducing adult offender recidivism.
IPS is seeking individuals that are passionate about helping those that struggle with mental illness, substance abuse, homelessness, and forensically involved clientele. We are currently seeking a HR Specialist to join our team!
**Due to COVID-19, the HR Specialist position is a hybrid between remote and in-office activity, based on needs of the organization.**
Under supervision of the Human Resource Manager, the HR Specialist engages in recruiting and screening of potential candidates to fill job vacancies, conducting onboarding and offboarding tasks, managing of HR files and employment records, and ensuring training compliance of onboarding training and continuing education requirements. While also engaging in clerical work, such as data entry, filing, and record maintenance, the HR Specialist is also responsible for benefits administration, conducting equipment inventory, and distributing equipment to staff, as needed. This position requires a thorough understanding of IPS’ philosophy of treatment, core values, and an in-depth working knowledge of policy and procedures.
The HR Specialist is responsible for:
· Recruiting and screening potential candidates to meet staffing needs
· Informing job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities
· Scheduling qualified job applicants for an interview with the hiring managers
· Conducting onboarding and/or offboarding with staff
· Preparing and maintaining employment records related to events, such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions
· Administering benefits programs
· Maintaining current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
· Setting up new technological equipment and assign it to staff as needed
· Assist with payroll tasks, as needed
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Complex problem-solving abilities and solution-focused orientation
· Effective time management and organizational skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Suites
· Monday -Friday 8a-5pm
· Bachelor’s Degree in a Human resources, business, or a related field, required.
· 1+ years of Clerical/Administrative experience, required
· 1+ years in HR experience, required.
Job Type: Full-time
Posted 1 month agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume