The Payroll Specialist will process weekly payroll and maintain employee time records to ensuring timely and accurate processing of payroll. They will maintain and oversee the maintenance of employee payroll records and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local payroll wage and hour laws and best practices. As the HR Assistant this employee will also provide general communication and administrative support for the Human Resources Department and for the mill site.
1. Oversees procedures and processes and manages inquiries and requests related to preparation and distribution of payroll.
2. Processes payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
3. Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
4. Maintains or oversees the maintenance of employee records.
5. Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
6. Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
7. Identifies and recommends updates to payroll software, systems, and procedures.
8. HR Duties as assigned: ACA Hours reporting, verification of employment, track retiree medical payments, track medical payments & 401 (k) quarterly reports.
9. Assists with recruiting (prepares test packets, interview packets & sits on the interview team as needed.)
10. Assists with new employee orientations & record-keeping
11. Assists in conducting monthly random drug testing for mill employees.
12. Assists with compensation and benefits administration and record-keeping.
13. Provides customer service for the Human Resources Department as well as all PTPC employees. Assists with employee and visitor requests and questions.
14. Assists the Human Resources Department with various projects and/or special projects.
15. Assists with HRIS implementation.
16. Prepares and maintains reports that are necessary to carry out the functions of the HR department.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
2. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
3. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
4. Proficient with payroll software
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
This job operates in a production office environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes and odors. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets, etc.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and the ability to lift up to 15lbs. Vision abilities required to perform this job include close vision.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position is salaried non-exempt.
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Two years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping with at least six months of experience in union payroll preferred.
Preferred Education and Experience
1. Union payroll experience.
2. Knowledge of Human Resources practices
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Ability to work in the United States.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Company's Facebook page:
Posted 1 month agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume