Directs the department's and organization's activities and resources to ensure alignment with the mission, values, and objectives of Memorial Healthcare System.
- Develops and implements educational and professional developmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical, administrative, legal, regulatory and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Collaborates with departments to assess learning needs. Plans and implements programs in order to enhance patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, complaint management, performance improvement, or other educational needs of the organization. Oversees and coordinates mandatory educational offerings.
- Facilitates clinical affiliation process and oversees the overall student educational experiences.
- Provides input, prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Utilizes evidence based practice research to identify strategies for improving staff development activities, clinical practice, and patient and family centered care outcomes.
Education equivalent experience:Essential:
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: Two years of clinical experience and 3 years of experience in a staff development or educational role.
••State Nursing licensure or healthcare organizational development experience••
- Bending and Stooping 60.00%
- Climbing 40.00%
- Keyboard Entry 60.00%
- Kneeling 40.00%
- Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 20.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
- Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
- Reaching 60.00%
- Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
- Running 20.00%
- Sitting 60.00%
- Squatting 20.00%
- Standing 60.00%
- Walking 60.00%
- Audible Speech 60.00%
- Hearing Acuity 60.00%
- Depth Perception 60.00%
- Distinguish Color 60.00%
- Seeing - Far 60.00%
- Seeing - Near 60.00%
- Bio hazardous Waste 40.00%
- Biological Hazards - Respiratory 40.00%
- Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 40.00%
- Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 40.00%
- Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 40.00%
- Cytotoxic Chemicals 20.00%
- Dust 60.00%
- Gas/Vapors/Fumes 40.00%
- Hazardous Chemicals 40.00%
- Hazardous Medication 40.00%
- Latex 40.00%
- Computer Monitor 60.00%
- Domestic Animals 40.00%
- Laser/High Intensity Lights 40.00%
- Magnetic Fields 20.00%
- Moving Mechanical Parts 60.00%
- Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
- Potential Electric Shock 20.00%
- Potential for Physical Assault 20.00%
- Radiation 20.00%
- Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Memorial Hospital West opened in 1992 with 100 beds to serve the growing population of western Broward. Today, the hospital has 384 beds and is one of the busiest and most technologically advanced in the region.
Memorial Hospital West’s many respected specialty programs include:
- Medical and Surgical Services
- Adult and Pediatric Emergency Departments
- Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
- Memorial Cancer Institute
- Blood and Marrow Transplant Program, including Broward County’s first adult inpatient autologous transplant unit
- Memorial Neuroscience Institute
- Memorial Rehabilitation Institute
- Bariatric/Weight-Loss Surgery Program
- The Family Birthplace
- Women’s Services
Truven Health Analytics and Modern Healthcare magazine named Memorial Hospital West one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals in 2013 and 2014 – and the hospital has been consistently recognized by The Leapfrog Group with an “A” Ranking for Patient Safety.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Please mention that you come from HireForThem
when applying for this job.