Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, the HR Business Partner will be responsible for leading all activities of the HR function for assigned facilities and leading related projects. The HR Business Partner applies skill in selection/retention and employee relations techniques, a working knowledge of Human Resources policies and procedures and Federal and state laws regarding employment practices in order to support the organization. Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time with overnight stays required as business needs dictate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of HR practices, guidelines and regulations to monitor and provide advice regarding compliance with all employment laws, regulations, and FedEx Ground policies, procedures and processes.
- Identifies and/or conducts investigations on employee relations issues in an appropriate and timely manner and provides appropriate recommendations. Provides advice to management and responds to employee inquiries.
- Engages all levels of internal customers in assigned facilities in activities, meetings, special events and handles issues and questions
- Leads the full cycle staffing development and execution process for non-package handler recruitment, including applicant sourcing, recruiting, demonstrating good faith efforts in Affirmative Action, pre-employment screening, interviewing and employee onboarding
- Leads recruitment activities, including peak planning, and participating in outreach events; builds and maintains effective relationships with schools and community-based organizations.
- Partners with Field HR Specialists, Field HR Advisors and HR Managers to develop and/or facilitate programs to support business objectives, corporate programs and individual development.
- Provide guidance to the Talent Acquisition Coordinator in the development and execution of the Package Handler recruiting plan.
- Collaborates with operational business partners/HR Specialist and Talent Acquisition Coordinator to develop strategic plans and actions to reduce voluntary turnover to goal and increase employee engagement.
- Participates in HR Assessments as assigned and follows-up/monitors action plans.
- In conjunction with hiring manager, responsible for Non-Package Handler pay review recommendations and providing guidance to managers on pay guidelines and sound pay recommendations
- May be involved in projects, such as annual merit process, to deliver guidance and assistance to managers
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications, or related discipline required. In addition to the two (2) years Minimum Experience, a high school degree or GED and additional four (4) years HR Generalist, employee relations or recruiting (to include FXG/FXSP Talent Acquisition Coordinator (TAC)) will be considered equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree.
Two (2) years professional HR experience in HR Generalist, employee relations or recruiting (to include FXG/FXSP Talent Acquisition Coordinator (TAC)) required or related area.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
- A working knowledge of state and federal employment laws
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information to all levels of management
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and work independently in responding to day-to-day functional needs.
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with employees.
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Ability to work day, evening and overnight hours as business needs dictate
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred
- Communication in multiple languages is preferred
% of Travel for the Position: 50-75%
Address: 102 Mercury Drive
Zip Code: 61822
Domicile Location: P619
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
Please mention that you come from HireForThem
when applying for this job.