LABOR RELATIONS SPECIALISTS/ HR GENERALIST
Assist HR-related issues which includes the following: termination of employees, the discipline of employees, training programs, payroll, healthcare-related questions, workers comp issues, FMLA and requested time off issues, assisting all employees with HR-related questions, developing general HR practices, upholding proper standards for uniform and hygiene, and all other issues relating to HR and Payroll.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Answers phones related to HR, payroll and benefits.
2. Handling the entire hiring process for open positions.
3. Manage all open positions and collaborate with managers to post job ads on career pages, process incoming resumes, and new hire interviewing.
4. Provide orientations for new employees by sharing onboarding packages and explaining company policies.
5. Performs ADP Workforce Now data entry and personnel file maintenance.
6. Maintains confidential personnel files and personnel actions.
7. Handles employment application intake, disciplinary action, separation, and COBRA.
8. Assists employees and Managers with basic interpretation of Company policies and procedures and CBA contracts for union location.
9. Assists with OSHA, FMLA, EEOC, and Workers’ Compensation.
10. Assist in Labor related issues & concerns, and Unemployment Claims.
11. Responds to reference checks and verifications of employment status.
12. Assists the Payroll, HR & Benefits Administrator with projects.
13. Provides regular metrics related to HR.
1. Provide coaching and counsel to the leadership team regarding staffing, employee relations, compensation, talent, succession planning, retention, and recognition.
2. Keep current and ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment regulations.
3. Perform on-boarding, training, exit-interviews.
4. In house full-cycle recruiting with 3 years direct recruiting experience. Manage outside recruiting relationships.
5. Analyze and improve benefits processes and programs.
6. Partner with benefits vendor to ensure accurate enrollments, maintenance of benefits plans.
7. Provide pragmatic and consistent guidance and advice to managers regarding grievances, attendance, disciplinary actions, performance and other concerns.
8. Proactively address HR related issues with managers and identify and recommend practical solutions/action plans to complex and diverse HR issues.
9. Records management and retention.
10. Keep managers informed and up to date on their duties and responsibilities around maintaining a harassment free workplace, anti-discrimination regulations, and other obligations for creating a safe and productive workplace for employees.
11. Perform compensation analysis/planning- complete detailed research to ensure all company positions commensurate to market rate.
12. Coordinate HR projects, meetings, and training seminars.
2. Critical Evaluation.
3. Relationship Management.
4. Ethical Practice.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear.
Local travel to various worksites may be required.
Travel to Oakland office twice a month
Preferred Education and Experience
· Previous HR/Payroll experience.
· Experience with ADP Workforce Now.
· PHR/SPHR /SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
PLEASE PROVIDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
Posted 2 months agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume