This temp to permanent full time position is responsible for an assigned book of business of employee benefit clients. Managing duties will include but not be limited to servicing employees of client companies. This position will interface directly with employees at the client companies as well as HR and finance departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains a professional and friendly communication with clients, insurance carriers, general agents, vendors, and internally always.
- Takes initiative to handle all Account Management activities, including direct employee contact.
- Acts as backup for overflow and/or absent benefits team members to support client needs and deadlines.
- Acknowledges and responds to any client requests in a timely and prompt manner. Sets timeline expectations with clients if an issue is going to take time to get resolved.
- Performs other tasks on projects as needed/assigned.
- Responsible for negotiating on behalf of clients with specific claim exceptions, any administrative exceptions, and amendments to contracts.
- Keeps current on industry trends and products.
- Develop and maintain excellent carrier relationships
- Ongoing consultative services including; customer service, new products, employee communications, legislative compliance
- Account management experience.
- Strong knowledge of employee benefits practices and procedures.
- Excellent and consistent communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite; specifically, Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision & direction.
- Ability to organize and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic environment with deadline pressures.
- Working knowledge and experience with various HRIS systems (ADP, Paylocity, Paycom, Kronos, iSolved etc)
- Knowledge of Zywave products is desirable.
- Bilingual is desirable.
- Active California DOI Life and Health Insurance license
- At least two years of Benefits experience
- Education requirement: High school diploma or equivalent
- Accuracy and attention to detail is absolutely required, as well as a track record of reliability, confidentiality, and conscientious work habits.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Employee Benefits: 2 years (Preferred)
Please mention that you come from HireForThem
when applying for this job.