We are currently seeking an experienced Human Resources and Payroll Specialist with experience in a construction environment. The responsibilities include administrative day-to-day operations of the Human Resources providing the administration of benefits, compensation, policies, hiring, leaves, programs, and compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. * A resource to managers, supervisors, and employees to interpret policies, procedures, etc.
- Extensive knowledge regarding employee and labor relations, the National Labor Relations Act, the National Labor Relations Board, and state and federal employment laws.
- Ensure compliance in required postings, employee files, filings, HR documents, ordinances, policies, and procedures.
- Act as an objective and confidential intermediary for employees and supervisors. Participate in conflict resolution, mediation facilitation, problem solving, and negotiation with/between supervisors and employees.
- Administer benefits administration, including health enrollment & 401k.
- Administer tasks associated with on-boarding and off-boarding employees, maintaining employee records and special projects.
- Provide guidance regarding layoffs, terminations, or corrective action. Must facilitate sound and consistent employee and labor relations decisions.
PAYROLL and BENEFITS ADMINISTRATION
- Processing payroll, which includes ensuring vacation and sick time are tracked in the system
- Answering payroll questions
- Facilitating resolutions to any payroll errors
- Participating in benefits tasks, such as claim resolutions, reconciling benefits statements, and approving invoices for payment
- Processing payroll reports and coordinating with coworkers and sometimes customers
HOURS OF WORK: Typical hours for this position are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and / or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum three years’ experience as an HR Generalist
- Preferred three years’ experience in a construction environment
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, strong problem-solving abilities, excellent analytical skills, the ability to multi-task & manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment, and attention to detail
- Ability to proficiently display computer software skills with programs such Microsoft Office applications Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision in a team-based environment.
- Good interpersonal skills to work with different management levels
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $24.00 per hour
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
COVID Conscious Employer!
- Payroll: 3 years (Preferred)
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- 8 hour shift
Please mention that you come from HireForThem
when applying for this job.