The HR Manager will be based in Monroe Michigan and will be supporting National Galvanizing, a steel processing plant located in Monroe, Michigan as well as National Blanking, a steel blanking operation located in Toledo, Ohio. As an HR Manager, you sit at the intersection of Human Resources and front-line business operations to deliver strategic and tactical solutions that improve employee experience and team performance. The HR manager implements and influences employee-focused programs and processes. You will partner and resolve questions and situations across a wide-range of HR topics, including employee relations, performance management, benefits, compensation, onboarding, policy administration and employment law compliance. While you will be a results-driving expert, solving dozens of routine employee questions daily. You are also counted on as a trusted advisor to managers and front-line supervisors, providing leadership coaching to bring the best out of them and their teams.
- Provide comprehensive HR support as the first point of contact to 125 employees in the Monroe, Michigan and Toledo, Ohio plants.
- Own the full cycle talent acquisition process for both exempt and non-exempt positions. Design and Implement recruiting strategies to ensure the Company is attracting and retain the best talent available. Coach and develop the management team talent acquisition best practices.
- Partner with operations teams to implement performance management tactics across all areas of the businesses.
- Identify training opportunities through needs analysis; provide recommendations to the leadership team. Research and recommend internal and external resources to deliver necessary training.
- Facilitates training on topics including leadership and management skills, onboarding and engagement, and other HR-related initiatives.
- Handle and resolve employee relations situations including exploration of issues, leveraging our policy and practice to determine outcomes, and partnering with employees and management to deliver appropriate solutions.
- Administer the Company’s compensation program including salary benchmarking and annual merit process.
- Identify human resources trends and data. Presents solutions and recommendations to address workforce trends and gaps. Apply a continuous improvement mindset to drive HR processes and procedures improvements.
- Collaborate with Leadership to evaluate and develop talent and provide valuable insight to determine employee potential and readiness for promotions.
- Assists employees with routine HR-related needs including inquiry response, support, and administration of leaves of absence, benefits, and payroll.
- Actively provides HR consultation to Leadership.
- Partner with NMLP HR leadership to drive consistency and best practices within all HR related functions.
Able to break down complex issues, apply systems thinking to gauge future impact, and uses instincts, intuition and sound judgment to provide effective recommendations.
- Builds relationships easily with trust and respect, earns a seat at the table to voice and leverage perspective, and employs professional networks to achieve better outcomes
- Actively listens, skillfully positions issues and demonstrates empathy, acts as a company culture ambassador, possesses and shows a high degree of authenticity.
- Displays confidence, professional presence, provides and receives feedback, persuades and influences, and possesses a high degree of situational awareness and savviness.
- Possesses and leverages expertise in talent management, employee relations, compensation, benefits, and recruiting to design talent solutions.
- Ability to build relationships with a diverse group of employees.
- Analytical & detail oriented.
- Ability to strive in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Marketing, Psychology or a related field; Master’s Degree a plus.
- 5-7 years of Human Resources experience with at least 3 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Payroll, HCM or Talent Management Systems a plus (ADP, Ceridian, SuccessFactors, Oracle, Cornerstone OnDemand, etc.).
- Strong knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word & Outlook.
- Advanced Excel skills required (ex. Pivot Tables, V-Lookups, etc.).
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws & regulations.
- High level of ethics & integrity consistent with the Company’s values.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to develop and conduct small and large group presentations to employees.
Job Type: Full-time
- human resource management: 5 years (Required)
Please mention that you come from HireForThem
when applying for this job.