We’re a group of not-for-profit community health centers providing medical, dental and social services in neighborhoods throughout New York City. We provide confidential care to men, women, and children, regardless of citizenship status or ability to pay.
Community Healthcare Network is seeking for a Full-Time Recruiter who under minimal supervision, provides oversight of the entire Recruitment function including organizing employment practices and resources to supply the manpower needs of the Network and developing new methods of assuring we have candidate pipelines for the organization’s vacant positions. The Recruiter’s primary function will be responsible for administering all aspects of talent acquisition and to support staffing objectives by recruiting and evaluating job candidates, advising leadership on hiring decisions and managing applicants throughout all stages of the hiring process. In addition, this position will be involved in a wide variety of HR functions including but not limited to: on/off-boarding, benefits, training, policy/procedure development and special projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Provides oversight for the entire Recruitment function including providing direction to the Labor relations and Recruitment Associate in regards to the recruitment duties the associate performs.
2. Coordinates with Managers and assists with the assessment of recruitment/placement needs. Develops strategies to meet those needs.
3. Coordinates the recruitment process including but not limited to:
- Conducting placement interviews and appraises applicant’s qualifications.
- Assists with recommending appointments, promotions, transfers, and training assignments.
- Develops and places employment advertisements.
- Reviewing salaries
- Attending Job Fairs
4. Reviews the selection of fee-based recruitment agencies and employment advertising and recruitment media.
5. Coaches hiring managers in the proper application of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) as it relates to recruitment issues.
6. Assist with payroll functions and backup to the payroll coordinator.
7. Participates in the coordination and compliance of mandatory training internally and with outside agencies; collect training materials, course content & slides
8. Maintains knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature and attending related seminars, conferences and the like.
9. Assists in maintaining Joint Commission Standards and Performance Improvement plans.
10. Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Must have a Bachelors’ degree or equivalent combination of experience and education will also be considered.
Experience in Healthcare industry is a Plus.
Adheres to a strong work ethic and attention to details, customer service oriented and sense of commitment.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Participate in all assigned job fair activities, local travel.
2 years of full life cycle recruiting experience.
2 years’ experience staffing for a variety of positions.
Excellent communication skills both verbally and written. This includes consistent and thorough communication with hiring managers on status of contract positions, candidate quality and candidate pipeline.
Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Internet navigation.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Please mention that you come from HireForThem
when applying for this job.