DUE TO COVID-19 SHELTER IN PLACE ORDERS, CHAWK TECHNOLOGY IS DEEMED AS AN ESSENTIAL BUSINESS THEREFORE OUR RECRUITING EFFORTS SHALL REMAIN ONGOING
Additional Note Regarding COVID-19: Safety is our #1 priority, as such CHawk follows and exceeds the CDC guidelines in the fight to end the spread of COVID-19. All employees are temperature checked daily upon entry to the facility and are provided with face masks, gloves, personal hand sanitizer bottles and any additional PPE as suggested by the CDC. CHawk also adheres to Social Distancing measures to ensure the safety of our employees.
Why work here?
“Come work for a growing global company which offers competitive compensation, great benefits package and opportunity for growth”
You will enjoy working for a fast-paced, globally recognized custom manufacturer that has aggressive growth goals. We have recently acquired an additional 130,000 sq ft facility in Hayward, CA. Our core competencies are in low to medium volume plastic component manufacturing and module assembly. We serve equipment manufacturers in semiconductor, electronics, medical, biomedical, solar, green energy, oil & gas, testing instruments and other industrial equipment.
CHawk Technology’s manufacturing processes include plastic thermoforming (vacuum, pressure and drape forming), plastic fabrication, hot gas welding, fusion and diffusion bonding, contamination free and high precision CNC machining (3-5 Axis) and module assembly.
- Exempt from Overtime
Compensation / Benefits
- Wage negotiable dependent upon experience
- 100% covered by Employer for Employee coverage: Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life insurance.
- 401k Retirement Plan with Employer contribution matching
- Paid Time Off – 2 weeks of Vacation Pay, Float Personal Day, Sick Time
OVERVIEW OF JOB FUNCTION
The HR/Payroll Manager will lead and direct the routine functions of the Human Resources department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. HR/Payroll Manager will oversee and supervise the organizations payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Includes but not limited to the following):
- Manages all employees within the HR/Payroll department
- Manages all Payroll and Human Resources functions and act as liaison between employees and management
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Maintains organization staffs by establish a recruiting, interviewing program, counseling manager on candidate selection, conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Oversees new hire orientation program and coordination
- Payroll processing on a semi-monthly basis per company standards
- Handle all aspects of payroll related tasks such as payroll garnishments, PTO, off-cycle payroll runs, 401k reconciliation, FSA reconciliation, benefit program reconciliation
- Maintains updated employee information in HRIS system (Paycom)
- Full circle benefit administration (studying and assessing benefit needs and trends, implementing new plan year roll outs, managing qualifying event data, COBRA administration, etc)
- Ensures I-9 compliance
- Workers Comp administration (policy, rates, renewals and audit reporting)
- Responds to all governmental agencies regarding inquiries of employee data (EDD, IRS, FTB etc)
- Create work instructions for HR and Payroll
- Maintain employee handbook up to date with any legislative changes and company policy changes
- Ensure all termination documentation is in compliance as required by labor laws and governing laws
- Advise and counsel managers with disciplinary actions
- Oversee performance evaluation schedules to ensure all employees are reviewed in a timely manner
- Oversee Safety Program and supervise Safety Coordinator
- Assist with GSO training setup in the US (immigration visas, housing etc)
- Coordinate company meeting and events.
- Provides excellent customer service to all callers and visitors to facility.
- Manage a variety of other clerical tasks and assist on special projects as needed
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Ability to read and interpret written and verbal work instructions
- In-depth knowledge of Federal and Local/State labor laws
- Hiring / Termination best practices and legal requirements
- Benefit Administration
- Performance Management
- Knowledge of industry wage trends and structure
- I-9 compliance knowledge
- PC literacy (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Hands on experience onboarding/offboarding using an HRIS system – Paycom a big plus
- Familiarity with ATS software
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to adapt and handle a changing work environment while completing essential job duties and functions
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of employees
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and detailed-oriented, dead line driven
- Bilingual – English/Spanish fluency (able to read, write and speak)
- 8+ years HR experience
- Proficient with Microsoft office, Paycom, Epicor and various computer software programs.
- Strong Knowledge of the HR and Payroll practices
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel and operate computer, phone and other tools as needed
- Ability to reach with hand and arms
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, speak and listen
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs as needed
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
- Please submit your resume online via Indeed
- Or apply online through our website at www.chawktechnology.com > Company > Careers
PLEASE NOTE RELOCATION PACKAGE/ASSISTANCE IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
CHawk Technology provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CHawk Technology complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
Safety is our #1 priority, as such CHawk follows and exceeds the CDC guidelines in the fight to end the spread of COVID-19. All employees are temperature checked daily upon entry to the facility and are provided with safety PPE
- Paycom HRIS System: 3 years (Preferred)
- Human Resources Management: 8 years (Preferred)
- Hayward, CA 94544 (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible
Please mention that you come from HireForThem
when applying for this job.