Want to make a difference in a young person's life? This is a position that is very rewarding in training and mentoring at risk youth.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth between the ages of 16-24 improve the quality of their lives through academic and career technical training. Job Corps' mission is to attract eligible young people, teach them the skills they need to become employable and independent, and place them in meaningful jobs or further education.
Odle Management and CSD are leaders in workforce development operating Job Corps Centers throughout the U.S. and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Female/Minority/Disabled/Veteran Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, child-birth or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, disability, family care status, veteran status, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Odle Management and CSD make reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to apply for employment. Contact Human Resources at 412-441-8700 to request a reasonable accommodation.
Reports to the Human Resources Manager. Coordinates many aspects in the HR department including interacting with students, and overseeing special projects. Assists HR Manager in administration of HR programs.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Demonstrates and abides by ODLE Core Values and operating principles.
2. Participates in recruitment, screening and hiring program for all center staff; completes applicant for hire/promotion approval paperwork and sends to Corporate HR for approval.
3. Coordinates and implements New Employee Orientation (NEO) program and ensures attendance by all new staff within the required PRH guidelines.
4. Recommends and implements staff development and training program; ensures Train Tracks is up to date.
5. Provides staff training to center personnel as it relates to Human Resources.
6. Ensures compliance with all contractual requirements relative to the human resources function.
7. Implements Corporate/Center human resources directives.
8. Monitors all personnel and employment practices to ensure compliance with practices to ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws (FMLA, Workers' Compensation, etc.).
9. Assists in preparation of all reports required by contract.
10. Oversees/monitors candidate background checks and other compliancy documentation in hiring process.
11. Prepares and makes job offers to applicants.
12. Oversees/monitors employee benefits.
13. Participates in employee investigations and may administer corrective action if required
14. Coordinates monthly, quarterly and/or annual staff training sessions.
15. Prepares and monitors training reports.
16. Acts in full capacity of Human Resources Manager in their absence.
17. Attends required staff training sessions.
18. Cultivates and maintain a climate on center that is free of harassment, intimidation and disrespect in order to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
19. Clearly communicate and consistently model appropriate CSS and employability skills including personal responsibility and computer fluency.
20. Maintain accountability of staff, students and property; adhere to safety practices in all areas of responsibility.
21. Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed in such a position.
Qualifications and Skills
Prefer Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
Two year's work-related experience in human resources and/or employee training capacity.
Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize.
Valid driver's license in state of employment with acceptable driving record.
Benefits and Perks
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you would also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefit plan to include: Medical, Dental Vision, Life Insurance, Employer match 401k, Paid Holidays and Paid Days off.
Please mention that you come from HireForThem when applying for this job.
Posted 2 weeks ago
Apply for this job