BME Associates is currently seeking a Sr. Environmental / Wetland Specialist to join our team. BME is a privately held consulting Engineering and Land Surveying firm operating as a Design Professional Corporation (DPC) in the state of New York with approximately 30 employees. The selected candidate will report directly to the Environmental Services Leader and will perform their tasks under the direction of the Project Manager, and work in tandem with the Design Team.
The Sr. Environmental Specialist is responsible to conduct and develop environmental investigations, reports and field analysis for project sites. Environmental Services include wetland delineations, permitting, mitigation, design and monitoring. Stream restoration design, endangered species surveys and assessments, natural resource management/site investigations as well as other similarly related environmental tasks.
Sr. Environmental Specialist will be trained to become the Environmental Department Manager.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for implementation of site environmental investigations;
· Independent drafting of technical reports and documents;
· Independent preparation and administration of public agency permits;
· Assists with the development and monitoring of project budgets;
· Maintains excellent communications and relations with both the private sector and government agency personnel;
· Presentation of environmental reports and findings to clients and regulatory agencies
· Performs CADD drafting;
· Review drawings for quality assurance purposes;
Education and/or experience:
Minimum 2 year degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or equivalent is required; other appropriate environmental certifications are desirable, 4 or more years combined experience in environmental investigation, field analysis, report writing and government agency coordination; CADD experience required.
Please forward a cover letter and resume to Gregory Bell, H.R. Director 10 Lift Bridge Lane East, Fairport, NY 14450
BME Associates is an equal opportunity employer
Job Type: Full-time
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
Posted 3 weeks agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume