Reporting Relationship: Reports directly to the Accounting Manager
General Statement of Duties
The Payroll Administrator is responsible for handling critical aspects of the payroll cycle and assisting the Accounting Manager with related tasks, including bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll for 2 entities, processing and delivery, as well as monthly reporting and forecasting. In addition, the Payroll Specialist may assist in general administration tasks as a member of the overall Finance Department.
- Process payroll for multiple entities.(2 companies)
- Learn and master modern HR, payroll, and timekeeping software systems to track relevant data and assist in time and salary reporting.
- Ensure proper deduction for and submission of garnishments and other levies.
- Document and update procedures as necessary, providing recommendations for continuous process improvement.
- Train new employees and managers on time reporting and approval.
- Assist with payroll-related state and local filings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent professional experience in payroll processing and management.
- At least 2 years of payroll accounting experience, preferably in a professional services environment.
- Multi-state processing experience and Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC), or similar, designation preferred.
- Highly developed organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail.
- ADP Workforce Now payroll system experience preferred.
- Familiarity with timekeeping databases required, and familiarity with Great Plains preferred.
- General computer application proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Strict attention to privacy issues and absolute discretion required.
- Strong analytical skills and an extreme attention to detail mindset.
- Strong customer service orientation; comfortable working independently with all levels of employees.
- Capacity to prioritize a variety of tasks and heavy volume of work.
- Ability to work independently as well as under the direction of several people at once.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills within a diverse office environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Payroll: 2 years (Required)
- Novato, CA 94949 (Required)
- Are you able to commute to Novato, California? This is an on-site position.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Only full-time employees eligible
Please mention that you come from HireForThem
when applying for this job.