DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
The Federated Indians of Graton Rancheria exists to exercise our inherent sovereign powers, customs and traditions; to perpetuate our unique native heritage; to preserve and protect the rights and privileges of our Tribe; to establish justice in the conduct of tribal affairs; to work for the social and economic betterment of all Citizens; and to foster the value of education.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Director of Human Resources is a strategic and progressive leader managing the Human Resources Department while devising innovative and transformative policies, programs and systems. This position is responsible for multi-functional Human Resources support on a strategic and operational level in the following divisions: Employee Relations, Classification and Compensation
Management, Performance Development, Benefits Administration, Recruitment and Selection, Training and Organizational Development, Workers Compensation, Leave of Absence Administration, Policy Administration, and other related Human Resources functions. The Human Resources Department is engaged in a wide variety of organizational priorities, and plays an integral role as a change agent in implementing strategic business plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide analysis and advice on all matters related to human resources and employee relations.
- Inspire continuous improvement by leading the development, implementation, and assessment of Human Resources’ strategic goals, tactical plans, and operational plans, aligning them with the Tribe’s strategic plan and priorities.
- Use assessment results to improve Human Resources functions and practices.
- Identify, define and implement solutions that address the needs of the business, while taking into account broader implications.
Human Resources Operations
- Oversee the operations and administration of all human resources functions.
- Direct and implement all initiatives and projects associated with Human Resources.
- Oversee the use and maintenance of Human Resources Information Systems to process transactions.
- Assure appropriate department recordkeeping and retention of all necessary files.
- Collaborate with finance department to ensure the integrity and accuracy of payroll and personnel information processes.
- Manage employee relations by ensuring that all employees are treated with fairness and consistency.
- Provide supervision, evaluation, and accountability training to supervisors and managers.
- Empower supervisors and managers to remediate personnel problems and apply employment laws.
- Continually evaluate Human Resources policies and procedures, recommending additions, modifications, and omissions to maintain currency and compliance.
- Oversee enforcement of such policies and procedures related to human resources functions.
Recruitment and Staffing
- Administer recruitment and staffing, including guidelines for conducting searches, compliance with laws and regulations regarding recruitment and hiring, and alignment of practices with the Tribe’s values and strategic goals.
- Oversee the review of all personnel changes
- Develop and implement strategies for attracting top-tier talent at all personnel levels.
- Oversee the implementation of employee evaluation and employee development plans.
- Oversee employee onboarding and training.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of job descriptions for all employees.
- Manage employee recognition activities.
- Conduct performance review of Human Resources Department and participate in goal setting for the Department.
Compensation and Benefits Administration
- Oversee the efficient administration of employee benefits, Worker’s Compensation and Unemployment Insurance.
- Lead the development of benefit orientations and benefit trainings.
- Direct the periodic review, revision and general maintenance of position classifications, salary grades, and salary ranges, working collaboratively to determine implementation and sustainability plans for modifications.
The Director of Human Resources directly supervises all employees in the Human Resources Department.
MINIMUM MANDATORY QUALIFICATIONS
Experience: * Ten years’ Human Resources experience at an executive level
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources
- SPHR, SHRM-CP, and/or SHRM-SCP certifications.
- Human resources management experience for a tribal or governmental entity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Strategic thinker who is proactive, establishes high expectations, and incorporates performance measurements to ensure results consistent with the overall goals of the Tribe.
- Ability to establish clear objectives for the Human Resources Department that are aligned with the strategic goals of the Tribe, and will hold Department employees accountable for achieving positive results.
- Willingness to stay abreast of what is happening across the organization and understand the influence of the dynamics within the organization to achieve organizational objectives.
- Ability to understand the organization’s culture and norms of behavior.
- Proven leader and skilled administrator who will introduce creative strategies and approaches for policies, programs and systems.
- Possesses the management style to successfully facilitate various change initiatives and develop and maintain productive working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, coaching/advising/mentoring, and decision making skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge in various Human Resources technologies and software, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office products, such as Excel, Word, Outlook and Power Point.
- Approachable and open communicator. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a diverse team.
- Credible advisor who is committed to mentorship and the professional growth of both the Human Resources Department and all FIGR employees.
- Resourceful problem solver with a strong focus on excellent customer service and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Human Resources: 10 years (Required)
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
Please mention that you come from HireForThem
when applying for this job.