June 16, 2020
Please note: You may be required to take a written Human Resources exam.
Once the test date has been determined, we will email you more information.
Applicants that pass the test are not guaranteed advancement in the selection process.
BCOE is simultaneously recruiting for a Human Resources Assistant/ Human Resources
Specialist. The recruitment for the Human Resources Assistant and the Human Resources
Specialist will be merged for interview and hiring purposes. The successful candidate may
be hired from either level.
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Specialist
WORK YEAR: Full-Time: 12 Months/ 260 Days (prorated based on date of hire)/ 7.5
hours per day
START DATE: As soon as possible after interviews
SALARY: Salary Schedule 6A, Range 18, $20.37 - $30.09 per hour. Placement
dependent on experience. Stipend pay for Associate's $250 annually, or Bachelor's $400 annually, or Master's $750 annually, or Doctorate
ASSIGNMENT: Oroville, CA
BENEFITS: Generous benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee and dependents. Sick and vacation leave accrued.
Employer-paid life insurance. This position qualifies for CalPERS retirement.
HOW TO APPLY: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1307172
DEADLINE: This position is open until filled; to receive full consideration, please
apply by Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 4:00 P.M.
Under the general direction of the Human Resources Director and direct supervision of the Human
Resources Manager, performs a variety activities related to the processing of a full range of personnel related transactions for certificated, classified and non-bargaining unit staff. This position provides information and assistance to employees, job applicants and the general public regarding personnel functions, policies and procedures; prepares and maintains a variety of manual and automated personnel files, records and reports.
Incumbents typically have two-three years of HR experience specific to the application of HR policies procedures. Incumbents work under general supervision and perform more complex technical HR duties than the HR Assistant involving classified and certificated employees and bargaining unit agreements.
The Sr. HR Specialist is the advanced-level position in the series. The incumbent performs the full range of HR processes involving classified and certificated employees with minimal supervision and acts as a lead for those with lesser experience.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES (may include, but is not limited to the following):
1. Perform a variety of technical duties in support of classified and certificated human resources programs
2. Resolve personnel-related issues and concerns with discretion and confidentiality; refer more difficult or sensitive issues to Sr. HR Specialist or supervisor as needed
3. Assist in the recruitment, screening and processing of new personnel according to established procedures
4. Collect and process various employment forms and applications; arrange and follow-up for clearance on fingerprints; forward new employee information to HR Generalist, payroll, and other departments as appropriate
5. Participate in the processing of new personnel, conduct orientations and provide information to new employees regarding attendance reporting, employment records, payment options, contracts, vacation days, sick days, TB tests, benefits and County Office rules and regulations
6. Serve as an informational resource to departmental staff, employees, job applicants and the general public
7. Respond to inquiries and provide information regarding job openings and recruitment processes
8. Input a variety of employee information and other personnel data into an assigned computer system; maintain automated employee records and files; generate a variety of computerized lists and reports; assure accuracy of input and output data
9. Establish and maintain a variety of personnel files and records according to established policies and procedures; update records and files with employee information, job location, job assignment, career step and class, sick and vacation leave, salary
10. Provide information to new employees regarding vacation days, sick days, TB tests, benefits and
County Office rules and regulations
11. Determine proper salary placement according to established policies and procedures
12. Monitor employee longevity, probationary/permanent status, TB, evaluation cycles and other information tracked in the HR information system and notify appropriate personnel of due dates or actions to be taken
13. Provide initial benefits information to newly hired employees and refer to HR Generalist for follow- up and enrollment questions
14. Participate in the issuance of annual reasonable assurance letters
15. Participate in the annual roll of information from one fiscal year to the next
16. Operate a variety of office equipment including a calculator, copier, fax machine, typewriter computer and assigned software
17. Communicate with County Office personnel and outside agencies to exchange information and resolve issues or concerns
18. Compose a variety of correspondence including inter-office communications, lists, notices, forms, letters, memoranda and other materials; disseminate bulk mailings as requested
19. Perform variety of clerical duties related to assigned activities such as answering phones, verifying employment, greeting visitors and duplicating materials
20. Assist with coordinating and administering assessment tests as assigned
21. Perform in a collaborative team-oriented environment
22. Perform related duties as assigned
1. Human resources office functions, practices and procedures
2. Practices and procedures related to classified and certificated personnel
3. Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures
4. Operations, policies and objectives relating to human resources activities
5. Record-keeping and report preparation techniques
6. Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
7. Telephone techniques and etiquette
8. Modern office procedures and record-keeping techniques
9. Oral and written communication skills
10. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
11. Operation of a computer and assigned software
12. Technical aspects of field of specialty
13. Data entry and retrieval techniques
14. Mathematical computations
1. Read, understand, explain and apply policies and procedures derived from a variety of sources including bargaining unit agreements, Ed. Code, Superintendent’s Policies and procedures, and other pertinent state and federal laws and regulations
2. Perform a variety of technical duties in support of classified and certificated human resources programs
3. Participate in the recruitment, screening and processing of new personnel
4. Provide information and assistance to employees, job applicants and the general public regarding personnel functions, policies and procedures
5. Prepare and maintain a variety of manual and automated personnel files, records and reports
6. Prepare announcements for job openings and place advertisements
7. Learn organization, operations, policies and objectives
8. Distribute, screen and process employment applications and other personnel-related documents
9. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and privileged information
10. Compose correspondence and written materials independently
11. Type or input data at an acceptable rate of speed
12. Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
13. Operate a variety of office equipment including a computer and assigned software
14. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
15. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
16. Meet schedules and time lines
17. Complete work with many interruptions
18. Determine appropriate action within clearly defined guidelines
19. Make mathematical computations with speed and accuracy
20. Perform in a collaborative and team oriented environment
Education and Experience:
1. Graduation from high school or equivalent
2. Three years of clerical experience including a minimum of two years of human resources experience
3. Completion of coursework in human resources related subjects may substitute for one year of HR experience
Occasional (less than 25%)
Ability to bend and twist, stoop, and kneel
Ability to lift 30 pounds
Ability to carry 15 pounds
Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Often (25 – 50%)
Sufficient mobility to move about an office
Very Frequent (76%)
Ability to stand and move around an office
Ability to work at a desk, conference table, or in meetings of various configurations
Ability to see for purposes of reading printed matter and observing staff
Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels
Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand
Ability to operate office equipment
Ability to reach in all directions
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
NOTE: This list of essential functions and physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary in accordance with the requirements of the job.
1. To comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, all new employees must provide proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States.
2. FINGERPRINTING FOR CONDUCTING A BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION IS REQUIRED
(and completed upon offer of employment)
TO APPLY: Visit: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1307172
Online applications only; no paper copies will be accepted. All online
applications must be accompanied by the following attachments; (incomplete applications will not be accepted):
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Handicapped IX Employer
Deaf individuals may use the toll-free California Relay Service (CRS). If you have a TTY: (530) 532-5650. If you do not have a
TTY: 1-800-735-2922. Upon CRS connection, ask for 530-532-5785 for more information about this recruitment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $26.60 per hour
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
Posted 4 weeks agoApply for this job
Is your resume getting lost in the pile? Get a free resume review and put your best foot forward!Upgrade your resume